Saturday, March 11, 2006

Dinner at Keno's

After work, I hit In N' Out for a burger and some fries, chill for a minute, and I get an IM from Jeff about getting out tonight to meet some friends at the Olde Ship in santa ana. So Jeff and Antonio pick me up and were off to the pub, where we meet Ryan, Kevin and Hung(sp?), throughout the night I have a couple beers and same for the rest of the guys, except for Antonio who enjoys a snifter of Laphroaig scotch whiskey, then at last call some lady from the next table comes over and offers to buy a round for the table, so we oblige (free beer? umm ok!). So now the pub is closed and Jeff, Antonio and I are kinda hungry, at first mexican sound like the ticket, but then Antonio mentions Keno's and we are sold. The three of us get inside and the place is kinda quiet, we have some food that hits the spot and some great conversation (mostly revolving around food, cooking, music and people we went to school with), then suddenly around 2am the place is packed, our guess is the Foxfire closed and they had nowhere to go, so they went to Keno's. Now I'm home watching the simpsons season 7 disc 1 and I'm kinda full, buzzed and tired.

Beer review:
Beamish Stout - pretty good, not the best stout they have but not bad at all, though the Guinness is better I think.
Boddingtons Ale - nice creamy ale, mmm mmm good.
Smithwicks - 1st time trying, I think I'll have to remember the name, it's a good one.

If this post makes no sense look at the posting time and remember I've got a few beers and some pancakes & eggs in me, give me a break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home